Mission: Provide excellence in all areas related to flooring installations, no matter the type, no matter the application.
Goal: Overdeliver and leave our customers eager to work with Wetzel Flooring on their next flooring project.
Primary Business: Commercial flooring including new construction, remodel projects, retail refresh programs, tenant occupied space and new tenant build-outs. Our team, from project managers to installation crews, has experience working in various construction phases. Our dedicated property management division operates locally, alongside our residential team.
How We Operate:
Estimating: When necessary, we make a site visit before submitting a proposal, and/or work off of drawings supplied by the customer. We determine quantities and recommend phasing plans. On site visits, we identify potential installation concerns (asbestos, moisture issues, floor prep issues). We will conduct moisture tests during our visits if requested or if we find signs of moisture issues. Photos are taken during site visits.
Project Management: Based on daily reports from the field supervisor, we provide daily reports to the customer on what has been accomplished, issues that arise, and any anticipated changes to the scheduled completion date. Photos are provided with daily reporting using tools such as DropBox. Roll-out schedules are maintained. Change orders are submitted for approval as needed. When needed, we coordinate the delivery and removal of dumpsters.
On-Site Management: A field supervisor is assigned to manage the installation of each job. His/her responsibilities include:
- Pre-start walk-through meetings with store manager, to include fixture inspection, inventory of materials, sharing of contact information, installation phase plans, general expectations for the store team.
- Communicating with store manager on a daily basis to ensure the job is being executing to their expectations and prep for the following day's installation
- Taking daily photos to share job progression with offsite clients
- Reporting to our in-house project managers
- Ensuring tasks are completed according to schedules and expectation of the client
Post-Installation: Upon completion of each job, we get the customer's sign-off on finished work. When requested, we provide photos of all completed work, and lien waivers. All of our work is guaranteed for 1 year, and we will make follow-up visits if necessary to correct any issues.
Key Staff Members:
Chris Malone - President
Stephanie Meredith - Operations Manager
Mark Thuney - Senior Director of Hard Surfaces, Commercial Team
Sonny Vielhauer - Director of Operations, Property Management & Residential Team
Katie Cress - Marketing Manager